North Island Cruisers Scholarship Program
The North Island Cruisers are pleased to announce that their scholarship program will continue in 2017. Thanks to Advanced Marine Power‘s Reg Dykhuizen for his generous donation of $1,000 towards this year’s fund. Additional funds for these scholarships are raised through t-shirt sales at our Annual Car Show & Shine “Always Labour Day Sunday” held in downtown Campbell River.
We will award a $1,000 scholarship to two automotive enthusiasts in the North Island who are passionate about the car hobby. We are committed to encouraging the next generation of car crazy guys and gals. No matter your field of endeavour, we will pay the trade school, college, or university of your choice $1,000 towards this year’s tuition. We know that automotive enthusiasts come from all walks of life.
The successful applicant will have to show that they have already engaged in the car hobby with a project.
- Applicant must be eligible to be, or are already enrolled in a trade school, college or university for the 2017-2018 school year.
- We welcome individuals that are currently in the workforce who want to further their education.
- Application form must be typed or printed legibly by the applicant. (The application form on the reverse side may be photocopied.)
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to write clearly in the autobiography of 750 to 1,000 words describing academic and career interests, awards, extracurricular activities, and especially any automotive related activities.
- Applications must be accompanied by two letters of recommendation from high school faculty members, employers, or associates familiar with the applicant’s work, career and hobby interests.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide additional information such as samples of the automotive projects they have worked on and/or completed. (limit 2)